Located on the beautiful grasslands of the Chilcotin Plateau against a panoramic backdrop of the Coast Mountains range, Anahim Lake invites travellers to experience rich First Nations history and extensive wilderness adventure opportunities. A long-time favourite among anglers, the area offers fishing trips of all kinds – whether that means a day spent on Anahim Lake, a fly-fishing trip to the Dean River or a fly-in expedition to secluded Hotnarko Lake. Backcountry aficionados can explore the pristine wilderness of Ts’il?os, Tweedsmuir or Itcha Ilgachuz Provincial Parks on foot, on horseback or by canoe. Guests wanting to immerse themselves in the ranchland lifestyle can attend the Anahim Lake Stampede and stay at a guest ranch.
Top 5 things to do
- Fish rivers and lakes for rainbow trout and cutbow
- Hike or trail-ride through Tweedsmuir, Itcha Ilgachuz or Ts’il?os Provincial Parks
- Revel in majestic landscapes during a float plane tour
- Experience the Interior Plateau lifestyle by staying at a guest ranch
- Visit the annual Anahim Lake Stampede