Bella Bella is 3 kilometres north of McLoughlin Bay, where BC Ferries' Nimpkish docks. It is home to the Heiltsuk Native Band, and is the largest community on the Central Coast, with a population of 1,400. Although it was the former site of the Hudson's Bay Company's Fort McLoughlin in the 1830s, nothing remains of the fort today.
Top 5 things to do
- Enjoy some of the best salmon fishing in the world
- View the area's abundant wildlife
- Go hiking on lush trails with ocean views
- Enjoy a wide variety of water activities, from canoeing to kayaking to diving
- Discover Aboriginal culture and heritage