One of Canada’s top recreational destinations, Squamish is the windsurfing and sailboard capital. It’s also hugely popular with rock climbers, sightseers, hikers, birdwatchers and Hollywood location scouts. Once a rough-and-tumble logging town, Squamish now offers gourmet restaurants, galleries and shops, all with snow-tipped Mount Garibaldi as a fabulous fairy-tale mountain backdrop.
Top 5 things to do
- Hike the world-famous Stawamus Chief Mountain
- Hike through Garibaldi and Alice Lake Provincial Parks
- Visit the Britannia Mine Museum and the West Coast Railway Heritage Park
- Rock climb, river raft and birdwatch
- Windsurf, mountain bike and hike