Southern Gulf Islands
Nestled in the Strait of Georgia between the Mainland and Vancouver Island are the Southern Gulf Islands. Each of these islands is a world in itself, with its own culture and ambience. All have a mellow pace, a mild year-round climate, spectacular natural beauty, and abundant arts and crafts. Their year-round climate opens up many outdoor recreation adventures like camping, fishing, sea kayaking, boating, hiking, nature and wildlife watching, golfing and swimming. And there are so many artisans, craft markets and farmers’ markets to visit. Or you can just stroll along the beaches or through the towns, enjoying island life.
Top 5 things to do
- Hike or stroll along beaches and trails
- Canoe or kayak in the ocean
- Bike along island roads or trails
- Shop local craft and farmers’ markets
- Go wildlife or nature viewing