Chemainus has won international acclaim for its successful revitalization project, which began in 1982 with the unveiling of five large murals, all professionally painted onto existing downtown buildings. It’s is also home to great theatre, restaurants and natural beauty. This coastal community has so much to offer visitors.
Photo credit for second image in carousel: Landon Sveinson Photography/Tourism Vancouver Island
Top 5 things to do
- View the world-famous murals painted on town walls
- Visit the many artists' studios and art galleries
- Explore boutique shops and dine in waterfront cafés
- Take in the local theatre and performing arts
- Enjoy hiking trails and biking