Duncan is the Cowichan Valley’s largest community. Known as the “City of Totems", Duncan is graced with nearly 80 totem poles, principally located downtown and along the highway. Duncan is the traditional home of the Coast Salish First Nations. In the summer you can watch the creation of the famous Cowichan sweaters as they are hand-knitted in one piece.
Top 5 things to do
- View more than 80 totem poles in the city
- Visit the Quw'utsun' Cultural Centre
- Shop and dine in unique stores and restaurants
- Visit the BC Forest Discovery Centre
- Visit local farms and wineries