Named after the Malahat First Nation, this mountainous region located between Victoria and Cowichan Bay is worth discovering. Take a day to immerse yourself in nature at Spectacle Lake Provincial Park and enjoy a refreshing swim or try your luck at fishing. Discover breathtaking viewpoints on the summit of Malahat Mountain to sweeping vistas of the Saanich Inlet and the surrounding mountain ranges, and experience one of the most sacred sites on Southern Vancouver Island.
Top 5 things to do
- Swim at Spectacle Lake Provincial Park
- Tour Saanich Peninsula’s wineries and vineyards
- See a salmon spawning run at Goldsteam Provincial Park
- Enjoy golf year-round at the nearby courses
- Bird watch for eagles and other soaring sights