The beautiful rolling landscape is dotted with farms, communities, parks, forests, lakes and ocean inlets. Two main routes run between Sidney and Greater Victoria: Highway 17, which is the most direct route to Victoria, and Highway 17A, which offers a more relaxed drive through the rural areas. Both routes are wonderfully scenic and lead to many delightful sights and attractions.
Top 5 things to do
- Take a stroll around the many lakes in the area
- Birdwatch from the shoreline
- Visit the Victoria Butterfly Gardens
- Explore The Butchart Gardens
- Take the kids to the Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre